Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sarah Palin

I have to say that I have been riding the fence over who to vote for as president in the November election. Martin Sheen, Harrison Ford, Bill Pullman and even Eeyore have crossed my mind as write-in possibilities.

Actually Mike Huckabee would be my president of choice. And if he runs again four years from now, he's my man. Unfortunately that doesn't help me out now.

But then John McCain made what, in my opinion, was a smart move. He chose Sarah Palin as his running mate. I admit that when I first saw his choice I thought, well, Obama's got it in the bag now.

However, the more I hear about Governor Palin, the more impressed I'm getting. Truth be told, I like pretty much everything I've heard about her. Whether it's enough to beat Obama is the question, though.

Guess we'll have to wait and see how all this plays out.

While I tend to be a Democratic supporter at heart, they rarely get my vote when it comes to the office of President. And in this instance, I'm not sure how things would work out with them being the majority in the House and Senate if Obama were to win.

I know people tend to blame the state of the country on the President and, even though some of it is his fault, it's not all his fault. He can't run the country on his own and the sad fact of the matter is, America has gone steadily downhill with an abundance of Democrats on the job, too.

All in all I've been pretty depressed about the upcoming election. Now I feel like there may be the tiniest bit of hope with the introduction of Sarah Palin. I sincerely hope that she's everything she claims to be.

Then again, even if she is, does that mean she can make McCain in to a great president?

What do you think about her and McCain's chances now that he's chosen her as his Vice-President?

No comments: